Thursday
week 8
I went to the Habbohotel today. Initially i thought i was about to play a cute version of the sims but with meegos. I made myself a girl with brown hair... theres no need to look into why. I also made a home and so on. OK well, it mentions in the tute notes that there are a lot of young people in the hotel... THIS IS ACCURATE. Now being a lot older than 16, this made me feel rather strange, like hi little person, do you want some candy strange. Instant reaction... GET ME THE HELL OUTTA HERE! You can see how easy it would be for predators and weirdos to "have a good time". All they would have to do is hide behind the identity, that is lie about their age etc. I don't really get the innerworkings of those people but it does exist. ANYWAY commenting on the actual 3Dness... It gives you an opportunity to meet people, whereas the primary use of IM is to talk to people, communicate, with existing friends. The actual graphic element is entertaining I guess, but i believe it is dependant upon your actual needs. I suppose i would possibly use such 3Dness in the form of a game like Final Fantasy where you communicate with people in your group and have a purpose such as killing boars in the forest. I would have mentioned World of Warcraft but after the Southpark episode and how they depicted the players and indeed culture, I dare not. So yeah, The 3D element is an added entertaining bonus but there are more entertaining things to do. Simpleis often the best, So i'm sticking to IM.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment