Wednesday

week 1 tutorial 10 - 12 David Boyd

Sitting in the first tutorial for the first year subject called 'new communications technologies'. I have been here for a while now, so hearing the welcome to university speech is pretty cute and funny. The tutor was pretty good at it though... a lot gentler speech than the one i received all those years ago... 'welcome, you are at university now, let's begin'. You know, a little time to say 'don't worry, we are here to help', goes a long way...

In all honesty, I had the attitude that normally accompanies taking a course as an elective (translation: This has nothing to do with the Psychology theme i signed up for...but for some reason they are making me do an elective.) However, after hearing the spiel that Chris gave, I can see that the course does hold some relevance to what I may or want to end up doing.

All the people surrounding me are mainly straight out of school. A majority of them are "expert" bloggers, spending much of their spare time attached to their my space page. I know what it is, I understand the concept and process, but I have never really had the time nor even the want to maintain a blog. I guess you could say that I'm not much of a sharing type of guy...

Missing the first lecture probably wasn't the most advantageous beginning to this subject. I guess, I'll do the usual and play catch up. The sad thing is I'm getting pretty good at it. The text book is my friend... we have spent many late nights bailing me out of trouble due to nonattendance. Yes, I'll make a change. It's just that stuff happens.

1 comment:

New Com Tech said...

good work david. chris